cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Issue with ASUS TUF A15 2020 (FA506IC) Model

Apple123
Star I
Dear Asus community,
I really need your help, Its getting frustrating now that my fairly new laptop is having issues with wifi, It sometimes goes off and never comes back on. I have tried the troubleshoot asus service center provided me, i.e Press Shift + Shut down and it will work as a temporary solution. However,when working on important things, this isn't feasible. I had complained this to the ASUS service center and they were kind enough to replace my wifi card as the laptop was still under warranty. Unfortunately, the issue still persists which makes me think that this isn't an hardware issue more like something to do with software. I tried updating bios, installing the latest drivers of Mediatek from asus website, Resetting the network, disabling and enabling the drivers from device manager, uninstalling both the Bluetooth and wifi drivers from the system and reinstalling it. I tried everything that i can think of... but the issue still persists, considering that the wifi card was just replaced a week ago because of the same issue, can someone please help me in rectifying this ?
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
Apple123

Dear Asus community,

I really need your help, Its getting frustrating now that my fairly new laptop is having issues with wifi, It sometimes goes off and never comes back on. I have tried the troubleshoot asus service center provided me, i.e Press Shift + Shut down and it will work as a temporary solution. However,when working on important things, this isn't feasible. I had complained this to the ASUS service center and they were kind enough to replace my wifi card as the laptop was still under warranty. Unfortunately, the issue still persists which makes me think that this isn't an hardware issue more like something to do with software. I tried updating bios, installing the latest drivers of Mediatek from asus website, Resetting the network, disabling and enabling the drivers from device manager, uninstalling both the Bluetooth and wifi drivers from the system and reinstalling it. I tried everything that i can think of... but the issue still persists, considering that the wifi card was just replaced a week ago because of the same issue, can someone please help me in rectifying this ?

Wifi Issue with ASUS TUF A15 2020 (FA506IC) Model
@Apple123
If you encounter this problem, please try the following steps.
1. Turn on the power and keep the battery power supply mode active (without plugging in the power adapter).
2. Press the power button for 30s to hard reset.
3. Enter the system and connect to the power adapter after it has rebooted.
4. Install MTK wireless network driver V3.00.01.1244 or above.
5. Install MTK Bluetooth driver V1.3.15.142 or above.
6. After the installation is complete, restart the device.
Please be sure to execute all six steps, updating the wireless network driver first, then updating the Bluetooth driver in order.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Apple123
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62234/wifi-issue-with-asus-tuf-a15-2020-fa506ic-model

@Apple123

If you encounter this problem, please try the following steps.

1. Turn on the power and keep the battery power supply mode active (without plugging in the power adapter).

2. Press the power button for 30s to hard reset.

3. Enter the system and connect to the power adapter after it has rebooted.

4. Install MTK wireless network driver V3.00.01.1244 or above.

5. Install MTK Bluetooth driver V1.3.15.142 or above.

6. After the installation is complete, restart the device.

Please be sure to execute all six steps, updating the wireless network driver first, then updating the Bluetooth driver in order.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
@Falcon_ASUS

Thank you for the guidance however this was one of the few things which the asus service representative have done after he changed my wifi card. When the issue didnt go off, i tried reinstalling the drivers myself just to be sure that it is running the latest version. But its still there and i am at my wits end. Anything else you can think of which can help me? I really DO NOT want to hard reboot my pc every time this issue happens.

Apple123
Star I
Just to reiterate, i did follow the steps you mentioned

Falcon_ASUS
Apple123

Just to reiterate, i did follow the steps you mentioned

View post
@Apple123
If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.