07-21-2022 10:36 AM
07-21-2022 08:18 PM
Dear Asus community,
I really need your help, Its getting frustrating now that my fairly new laptop is having issues with wifi, It sometimes goes off and never comes back on. I have tried the troubleshoot asus service center provided me, i.e Press Shift + Shut down and it will work as a temporary solution. However,when working on important things, this isn't feasible. I had complained this to the ASUS service center and they were kind enough to replace my wifi card as the laptop was still under warranty. Unfortunately, the issue still persists which makes me think that this isn't an hardware issue more like something to do with software. I tried updating bios, installing the latest drivers of Mediatek from asus website, Resetting the network, disabling and enabling the drivers from device manager, uninstalling both the Bluetooth and wifi drivers from the system and reinstalling it. I tried everything that i can think of... but the issue still persists, considering that the wifi card was just replaced a week ago because of the same issue, can someone please help me in rectifying this ?
Wifi Issue with ASUS TUF A15 2020 (FA506IC) Model
07-24-2022 09:23 AM
If you encounter this problem, please try the following steps.
1. Turn on the power and keep the battery power supply mode active (without plugging in the power adapter).
2. Press the power button for 30s to hard reset.
3. Enter the system and connect to the power adapter after it has rebooted.
4. Install MTK wireless network driver V3.00.01.1244 or above.
5. Install MTK Bluetooth driver V126.96.36.199 or above.
6. After the installation is complete, restart the device.
Please be sure to execute all six steps, updating the wireless network driver first, then updating the Bluetooth driver in order.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.
07-24-2022 09:25 AM
07-25-2022 11:06 PM
Just to reiterate, i did follow the steps you mentioned