This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

marzvin
Rising Star II
daniel91m

@CH_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @ARP_ASUS Can we ask for a comment? Any updates?

View post
They no they sold a faulty phone, so they won't admit. They will just sit it out, and leave the consumers worrying daily, that their phone could die any time!

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
As I said before, mods will do nothing. Maybe they just ban us here, so we won't bother them anymore 😜

DroidFIN
Star III
Since there are bricked phones with MFD ranging 2021.04 - 2021.07 I don't think that it is just a faulty batch. Instead, I think that it might some kind of design flaw and could be related to WiFi issue that ROG Phone 5 is having. Note, that the fix is once again a motherboard replacement.
- h t t p s ://piunikaweb.com/2021/10/25/asus-offering-replacement-for-those-affected-by-rog-phone-5-wi-fi-issue/
Having said that, many ROG Phone 5 users say that the Wi-Fi and Hotspot function is not working for them. A simple Google search reveals that the Wi-Fi issue with ROG Phone 5 is rampant with potentially thousands affected.

ROG Phone 5 owners say they have tried contacting Asus but to no avail. However, some who went to the service center said that Asus has replaced the motherboard on their devices and that it has resolved the Wi-Fi not working issue for them.

While some suggested that the issue was caused by a faulty software update, it looks like the hardware is to blame since many users say Asus is either offering a replacement or refunding the device amount.
According to user reports, WiFi breaks after a random reboot. There are reports with both ROG Phone 5 and Zenfone 8.
- h t t p s ://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187194#Comment_187194
My phone too suddenly switched off and now neither WiFi nor hotspot is turning on... I did everything but nothing is happening...
- h t t p s ://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53862/wifi-and-hotspot-zenfone-8-issue
just in 4 month the wifi and hotspot cant turn on. before it happen my phone suddenly shutdown by it own. i turn back it on and the wifi cant connect. now i already send it to asus servis center for claim warranty.
My theory is that something is breaking components on the motherboard with these phones. Maybe it is the heat or something else. If you are facing WiFi issues maybe wlan modem died and for ramdump issue maybe flash chip?
Both models are facing WiFi and ramdump issues. Ramdump issue is more common with Zenfone 8 and WiFi issue with ROG Phone 5.
Just my 2 cents...

Aryan202
Community Legend I
DroidFIN

Since there are bricked phones with MFD ranging 2021.04 - 2021.07 I don't think that it is just a faulty batch. Instead, I think that it might some kind of design flaw and could be related to WiFi issue that ROG Phone 5 is having. Note, that the fix is once again a motherboard replacement.

- h t t p s ://piunikaweb.com/2021/10/25/asus-offering-replacement-for-those-affected-by-rog-phone-5-wi-fi-issue/

Having said that, many ROG Phone 5 users say that the Wi-Fi and Hotspot function is not working for them. A simple Google search reveals that the Wi-Fi issue with ROG Phone 5 is rampant with potentially thousands affected.

ROG Phone 5 owners say they have tried contacting Asus but to no avail. However, some who went to the service center said that Asus has replaced the motherboard on their devices and that it has resolved the Wi-Fi not working issue for them.

While some suggested that the issue was caused by a faulty software update, it looks like the hardware is to blame since many users say Asus is either offering a replacement or refunding the device amount.

According to user reports, WiFi breaks after a random reboot. There are reports with both ROG Phone 5 and Zenfone 8.

- h t t p s ://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/187194#Comment_187194

My phone too suddenly switched off and now neither WiFi nor hotspot is turning on... I did everything but nothing is happening...

- h t t p s ://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53862/wifi-and-hotspot-zenfone-8-issue

just in 4 month the wifi and hotspot cant turn on. before it happen my phone suddenly shutdown by it own. i turn back it on and the wifi cant connect. now i already send it to asus servis center for claim warranty.

My theory is that something is breaking components on the motherboard with these phones. Maybe it is the heat or something else. If you are facing WiFi issues maybe wlan modem died and for ramdump issue maybe flash chip?

Both models are facing WiFi and ramdump issues. Ramdump issue is more common with Zenfone 8 and WiFi issue with ROG Phone 5.

Just my 2 cents...

View post
From what i've read that wifi and hotspot issue is due to some wifi chip issue partly due to the snapdragon 888(maybe something faulty with it)? Xiaomi sd 888 phone had a similar issue

mickey_underwea
Star III
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/191782#Comment_191782

From what i've read that wifi and hotspot issue is due to some wifi chip issue partly due to the snapdragon 888(maybe something faulty with it)? Xiaomi sd 888 phone had a similar issue

View post
To be exact, the problem with Xiaomi (Mi 11 especially) lies with the Pseudo Solder, which affects certain chip(not wifi nor hotspot chip) and caused the no wifi issue.
Me unfortunately, bought the Mi 11 early this year and encountered the same problem. While waiting for my Mi 11 to repair, I bought the Zenfone 8 to use. Guess what? My zenfone 8 got ramdump issue !! FML!!😭