This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hotspot not working after Android 13 update

ustaarthur
Star III

I got an OTA update on my Zenfone 8 to Android 13, and after that my Hotspot isn't working. The button isn't even moving to ON. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, still not working. I downgraded to A12 and it started working. Updated it back up to A13, again not working.

32 REPLIES 32

Illusion54
Star I

Same problem here. Kids uses my hotspot a lot and this is such an inconvenience. Pressing the hotspot shortcut does nothing and long pressing shows that it cannot be toggled.

I use hotspot in my car all the time. I downgraded to A12 so I can have hotspot working. And frankly, A12 probably looks better.

smammy
Star III

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'd be happy to send debugging data if someone from Asus wants to PM me.

I've also noticed that apps like SecureTether WiFi and PdaNet+ have stopped working. (SecureTether never shows the network name and password after I press start, and PdaNet+ gets stuck on "configuring".) The WiFi Direct network gets created — I can connect to it from my laptop — but I can't ping the phone and no packets get routed.

I wonder if WiFi Direct functionality in general broke?

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @Illusion54 and @smammy .

I have PM you to confirm the detail of the proble you might have.
Please check the top-right corner for the PM inbox.

Thank you.

I send the requested information months ago and nobody has gotten back to me. Asus effectively removed a feature from my phone without warning, the least they could do is communicate about it.

Downgrading to A12 will be a hassle but I guess that's the best I can do given the complete lack of communication from Asus.

It's a shame that the only companies making compact Android phones are so garbage at software and support.