System: Windows 10
Battery or AC:
Model: Q538EI
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone, I got a really weird problem of my Zenbook Flip. Every time I move/hold my laptop, plugged or unplugged, it becomes super slow, the cpu usage decreasing drastically, it's like the hardware is heavily bottlenecked. However, after I keep it stationary, the laptop performance resumes to normal after ~30 seconds.
I am suspecting the internal gravity sensor is somehow messed up (I could be totally wrong about this), and don't know how to fix it. I also tried contacting the customer service, through where I found no valuable solutions, unfortunately. (I was told to reinstall display drivers and restore windows. I did not think the problem has anything to do with the display, yet I still reinstall the drivers downloaded from their provided links. After that nothing changed, the problem persists.)
Any suggestions/solutions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS
lcmwan53
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Q538EI
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi everyone, I got a really weird problem of my Zenbook Flip. Every time I move/hold my laptop, plugged or unplugged, it becomes super slow, the cpu usage decreasing drastically, it's like the hardware is heavily bottlenecked. However, after I keep it stationary, the laptop performance resumes to normal after ~30 seconds.

I am suspecting the internal gravity sensor is somehow messed up (I could be totally wrong about this), and don't know how to fix it. I also tried contacting the customer service, through where I found no valuable solutions, unfortunately. (I was told to reinstall display drivers and restore windows. I did not think the problem has anything to do with the display, yet I still reinstall the drivers downloaded from their provided links. After that nothing changed, the problem persists.)

Any suggestions/solutions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Weird Stuttering Problem
@lcmwan53
Does the problem still exist if you enter safe mode?
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf the problem persists in safe mode, I would suggest you to restore your system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

lcmwan53
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61820/weird-stuttering-problem

@lcmwan53

Does the problem still exist if you enter safe mode?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013018/

If the problem persists in safe mode, I would suggest you to restore your system.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1013064/

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Thanks for the quick reply. I tested on the safe mode, and it seems that the issue is gone. Then I clean reinstalled windows 10, let it self-update, and the issue reappears. What do you think may be the issue? Thank you.

Falcon_ASUS
lcmwan53

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217641#Comment_217641

Thanks for the quick reply. I tested on the safe mode, and it seems that the issue is gone. Then I clean reinstalled windows 10, let it self-update, and the issue reappears. What do you think may be the issue? Thank you.

View post
@lcmwan53
If there is no problem in safe mode, it may be that the third-party software you installed conflicts with the program of the system itself, which causes the problem to occur. You can consider removing the installed programs gradually, and then check whether the problem is improved. Alternatively, you can restore the system directly and confirm whether the problem is improved under the system default conditions. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

lcmwan53
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/217745#Comment_217745

@lcmwan53

If there is no problem in safe mode, it may be that the third-party software you installed conflicts with the program of the system itself, which causes the problem to occur. You can consider removing the installed programs gradually, and then check whether the problem is improved. Alternatively, you can restore the system directly and confirm whether the problem is improved under the system default conditions. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Sorry for not clarifying clearly in my last reply. I reinstalled windows 10 with official iso, applied windows update, and tested. I did have any 3rd party software installed yet before the test. I guess the only software I installed (actually windows installed for me) is MyASUS.