This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS RMA Nightmare

janson129
Star I

First let me say that I have owned numerous ASUS products over the years and have returned to ASUS each time  due to the quality and performance of their products - to date, I’ve had 3 ASUS laptops.

This message is almost a cry for help, I desperately want to get this issue resolved so I am hoping someone will be able to help me out!

There are a number of issues so I apologise in advance for the length of the message. But the overarching issue is with ASUS RMA.

ISSUE 1: Damage to laptop at repair centre and false claims of Customer induced damage

I submitted an RMA for the laptop due to an overheating issue with the screen which was causing a white glow around the inside of the screen and this was accompanied by a weird grinding noise when opening and closing the lid of the laptop. Let me be clear, There was NO external damage to the laptop when I sent it off for repair, therefore when I received my repair bill I was shocked to see that the bill included pictures of severe external damage. Including the shattering of the hinge, split in the side of the screen and tearing away of the bottom border of the screen. The bill was also incredibly expensive - the cost was almost 75% of what I paid for the Laptop only 1 year ago.

I was concerned and immediately contacted an ASUS via telephone and spoke to a very helpful Gabriel, who advised me that I needed to email ASUS to escalate my issue.

I spoke to Mata, via email. This is where things took a turn for the worse. I politely explained my issue to Mata who proceeded to tell the damage is my fault because I didn’t take detailed enough pictures of the laptop before I sent it off. I don’t think this is an adequate explanation or response. Mata then told me that it says in the RMA process that I was supposed to have taken pictures - however there is no mention of such a requirement in the RMA Terms and Conditions.

Mata has also refused to send me an additional pictures from the repair centre due to a spillage on my device.. I asked Mata what he meant by this and I have not received a reply.

TLDR, Third party repair company used by ASUS damages laptop, charges me an extortionate rate for CID, ASUS blames me, ASUS refuses to investigate or help and ignores my emails.

ISSUE 2: Repair centre not addressing key issue I have highlighted

The main issue I have been having I believe is due to an overheating problem, this is what is causing the white glow border around the edges of my screen. It is not a screen Bleed. I mentioned this in the RMA form and the third party repair company didn’t even bother to check this issue. It’s not even mentioned on their report. I think this is quite convenient as this is definitely a hardware issue not CID.

I don’t know who will see this message but I just wanted to explain my issue because it seems quite common that people have the same issue with RMA.

Cheers

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@janson129
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@janson129
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

janson129
Star I

Fair play to ASUS, and big thanks to Falcon. The issue is now resolved at no cost to me, took a while but we got there in the end. Looks like I’ll be hanging around with ASUS for a while 👍

janson129
Star I

Spoke to soon, nightmare continues. Received Laptop back from ASUS and there is a hardware issue with the Laptop, the laptop won't boot up.

In the meantime, I have been in contact with multiple Microsoft support agents, all of which have said this is a hardware issue / corruption issue that has most likely resulted from the processes carried out during the recent repair.

Going to have to go through the RMA process again.