This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Vivobook Display Turns off When Power is Plugged In

EmycoMB27
Star I

My Laptop is ASUS Vivobook X515EA. Whenever the power is plugged in it goes to sleep and won't run until the power is plugged out. Which means that I cannot use it with the power plugged in and it can charge in sleep mode only.

I've tried to change power settings, update drivers and bios but I'm still facing the same problem. I also have checked up the charger itself and re-connected the battery, everything works perfectly but couldn't solve the problem.

When I tried to connect an external display it works. However, the keyboard and touchpad didn't work, and the display of the laptop as well. I can only use a mouse to move the pointer. As I mentioned that only happens when the power is plugged in. Otherwise, the laptop functions very well.

In addition, I've noticed that when the lid is closed the power LED light keeps on even though the laptop is plugged out and shutdown or in sleep mode. 

Does anyone have any idea about the problem or how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@EmycoMB27 
If you enter safe mode, does the problem improve?
If the problem persists, I would recommend that you back up your data and recovery the system.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@EmycoMB27 
If you enter safe mode, does the problem improve?
If the problem persists, I would recommend that you back up your data and recovery the system.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings 

EmycoMB27
Star I

I've tried entering safe mode but the problem persisted. However, Accidently the problem has been solved.

I forgot that I put the laptop in sleep mode and didn't notice that the battery was low, so when I tried to run it it's battery has already been out of charge. And when I plugged the laptop in the problem has been solved. I don't know how, but at least it works! 

Thank you so much for your help! 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.