This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus vivobook pro 16 OLED showing light bleed down the display at low brightness levels

Vadanaravinda
Star I

IMG_20240604_191253.jpgIMG_20240604_190914.jpgIMG_20240604_191325.jpg

From 0-40% brightness levels down the display there is some light bleed and even after giving it to service and changed the display panel still these light bleed marks are visible at all display settings like HDR and even after changing the refresh rates or colour Gamuts.

On dark greyish solid coloured backgrounds this is clearly noticeable as I've posted in above images.

Laptop specs 👇 

Asus vivobook pro 16 OLED  model name: K6602VU

Display: 16inch, 3.2k resolution, OLED 

Windows 11 version: 10.0.22631

Bios version: K6602VU. 310

(Discrete GPU 4050) Graphics Card driver version: 31.0.15.5222

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS

@Vadanaravinda 
Since you are lowering the brightness to below 40%, according to the industry standard of 150 lux, this condition is considered normal.

This is not caused due to ambient light or any external reflection, I examined in various angels and in various lighting conditions, these light bleed patches just appear in the bottom of the display in low brightness. 

To confirm this I even turned off display, when I turned on they just appear. Those patches just look like the pixels are defective at that portion and having weak light control.

@Vadanaravinda 
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I have edited my response accordingly.
Since you are lowering the brightness to below 40%, according to the industry standard of 150 lux, this condition is considered normal.

The reason I included below 40% is that it's clearly visible at that brightness, it doesn't mean it won't visible above 50% brightness levels..

I checked with other guy who had the same laptop and he said he too had this light bleed patches at that same spot, this is strange. Does all this models displays manufactured this way with inconsistencies.

Again, I had seen these light bleed patches with this OLED 3.2k res asus vivobook pro 16 model only, previously I used vivobook pro 14 OLED and it doesn't had these inconsistencies at all, it might be black crush or this.