This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FN + Up/Down keys no longer change brightness of the keyboard on Asus TUF A15 FA506QM

MoltenAlex
Star I
System: Windows 11 Home 64bit
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FX506QM - HN052
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Haven't tried
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Since a few month ago I haven't been able to change brightness of the keyboard on Asus TUF A15 FA506QM with default FN + Up/Down arrow keys.
Updating BIOS changed nothing
Also serial number in BIOS seems to have been changed to a wrong one: SSN123456789012345
8jf4bzwgs34.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS
MoltenAlex
  1. System: Windows 11 Home 64bit
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FX506QM - HN052
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Haven't tried
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Since a few month ago I haven't been able to change brightness of the keyboard on Asus TUF A15 FA506QM with default FN + Up/Down arrow keys.

Updating BIOS changed nothing

Also serial number in BIOS seems to have been changed to a wrong one: SSN123456789012345

8jf4bzwgs34.jpg

FN + Up/Down keys no longer change brightness of the keyboard on Asus TUF A15 FA506QM
@MoltenAlex
Please check your PM.
Thank you.

Hi @Falcon_ASUS
I have the same issue on my FA506QR, it's been a year I'm hoping for an update to fix it to nothing so I've decided to look for it.
I don't have the weird serial number issue, as it was fixed when I registered my computer on MyAsus with the help of one of your colleague.
Could you help me with that ?

Thanks

Falcon_ASUS
timothee.boyer

Hi @Falcon_ASUS

I have the same issue on my FA506QR, it's been a year I'm hoping for an update to fix it to nothing so I've decided to look for it.

I don't have the weird serial number issue, as it was fixed when I registered my computer on MyAsus with the help of one of your colleague.

Could you help me with that ?

Thanks

View post
@timothee.boyer
If your model is FA506QR, then I think your problem should be different from OP.
If you have problems using hotkeys, I suggest you refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - How to fix Notebook Keyboard problems | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

@Falcon_ASUS
The problem might be different but the result is the exact same, all my hotkeys are working fine except the Fn+up/down to adjust the brightness of the keyboard's backlight.
Unfotunately the troubleshooting didn't help...
If you have any other ideas, I'm happy to hear about it !

Thanks