This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

marzvin
Rising Star II
th.besch

My phone works fine so far, and I like this device! I don't want to have it sent to service and get it back in whatever condition.

So here is what I'm thinking of: If the ramdump issue should be caused by any kind if software related stuff, this should be fixed by a software patch. If I just knew that asus is working on that kind of solution I would switch the phone off until the patch is released.

The only thing I need is a clear word from asus. Any answer would be gratefully accepted!!

View post
If it was a software issue, asus would have said. The silence from them, means that this could be a hardware issue, and the only way would be a recall. With the rate and extent of the issue, as on this thread alone the number affected is over 20, I wish Asus would do the right thing and recall. However, with the way they're dealing with it, I suspect they will just continue to hide and fix affected phones, until more and more are affected. At this point point I'm afraid everyone with a zenfone 8, is literally a "sitting duck 🦆", waiting for it to die.

HeLLKiTe
Rising Star I
marzvin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186806#Comment_186806

If it was a software issue, asus would have said. The silence from them, means that this could be a hardware issue, and the only way would be a recall. With the rate and extent of the issue, as on this thread alone the number affected is over 20, I wish Asus would do the right thing and recall. However, with the way they're dealing with it, I suspect they will just continue to hide and fix affected phones, until more and more are affected. At this point point I'm afraid everyone with a zenfone 8, is literally a "sitting duck 🦆", waiting for it to die.

View post
At this stage don't bank on Asus to do that, from the way they handled this issue it's clear they are a mediocre tech company compared to the likes of Samsung who has in the past acknowledge and initiated recalls.
They have clearly put a product in the market that is full of issues and bugs just to earn a quick buck! All I can say is Asus to me represents mediocre products and mediocre customer service.
Current owners of ZF8 are basically playing Russian Roulette hoping they don't run into a ramdump issue, so good luck folks! Hopefully I'll be able to sell off this phone and can say good riddance! 😂

marzvin
Rising Star II
HeLLKiTe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186817#Comment_186817

At this stage don't bank on Asus to do that, from the way they handled this issue it's clear they are a mediocre tech company compared to the likes of Samsung who has in the past acknowledge and initiated recalls.

They have clearly put a product in the market that is full of issues and bugs just to earn a quick buck! All I can say is Asus to me represents mediocre products and mediocre customer service.

Current owners of ZF8 are basically playing Russian Roulette hoping they don't run into a ramdump issue, so good luck folks! Hopefully I'll be able to sell off this phone and can say good riddance! 😂

View post
I'm worried we may not even be able to sell it off as most people are now aware of this issue!

Sim1
Star III
It would be nice to have an official communication by Asus regarding this ram dump mess

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Sim1

It would be nice to have an official communication by Asus regarding this ram dump mess

View post
don't count on it. They will probably just enforce you to service your faulty phone and you will end with new faulty motherboard after repair 😉