This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hotspot not working after Android 13 update

ustaarthur
Star III

I got an OTA update on my Zenfone 8 to Android 13, and after that my Hotspot isn't working. The button isn't even moving to ON. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, still not working. I downgraded to A12 and it started working. Updated it back up to A13, again not working.

32 REPLIES 32

Seems like the only solution right now is to downgrade back to 12 to restore functionality. I don't find this a acceptable solution and more of a workaround but I'll do it it that's what it takes.

Yes, right now the best solution is to downgrade to A12 and enjoy a flawless system. A12 looks and works great, I don't even mind staying permanently on it. If you don't want to get System Update notifications or exclamation marks in the settings menu or an accidental update back to A13, disable System Update. Here are the commands for disabling and enabling System Update. Once you disable, you can't see it under System in Settings. But it's reversible, you can enable it with the enable command:

FOR DISABLING:

Windows Command Prompt: adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.asus.dm

Windows PowerShell: .\adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.asus.dm

FOR RE-ENABLING:

Windows Command Prompt: adb shell pm enable com.asus.dm

Windows PowerShell: .\adb shell pm enable com.asus.dm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:  com.asus.dm is the package name for System Update

To use these commands, use the Command or Shell lines while in your ADB platform-tools folder and make sure phone is connected to computer with USB cable and USB debugging is on so that device can be recognized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what many have done. Frankly Android 13 doesn't bring any concrete improvements, so I'm waiting for maybe by pure miracle they decide to fix the system bugs, but I don't count on it much.

elgold92
Star I

I hit this too! Huge pain, if Asus engineers need logs or anything, let me know, I'm happy to help

Mike9349
Star II

I had this issue, set up an RMA, sent in my phone, and got it back, and they said it worked when they tried it, so they didn't make any changes. Yet it's still giving me the same problem as before.

I have a question for all who are experiencing this issue: What carrier are you using?

Just curious, in case it's relevant to the issue. I'm using AT&T.