This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hotspot not working after Android 13 update

ustaarthur
Star III

I got an OTA update on my Zenfone 8 to Android 13, and after that my Hotspot isn't working. The button isn't even moving to ON. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, still not working. I downgraded to A12 and it started working. Updated it back up to A13, again not working.

32 REPLIES 32

Menhir65
Rising Star I

The new firmware released on May 18 solves the problem of the hotspot, but not that of call recordings where the name in the address book or the phone number of the interlocutor is not displayed. In short... They just can't solve all the problems at once. The rest I still have to test.

smammy
Star III

I can confirm that after the 18 May update, my hotspot function works! This update brought my phone to version 33.0210.0210.296. If you're still having trouble, make sure your phone has updated to this version. (Settings → System → System Update.) The update is also listed on the Zenfone 8 BIOS & Firmware page.

It's the opposite for me, the problem occurred just after the last update in mid-May this year, before that Wi-Fi was working fine, I got Android 13 back in February or March.