This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never buying any Asus product ever again

NickBlueEyed
Star II

I bought an Asus Zenfone 8 a year ago. It was second hand, but I made sure I tested it properly before it worked. Everything worked fine, it was for a good price, so I bought it. And I'm not gonna lie - I was pretty happy with it. Until the bad thing happened. Around 1 year later, yes, a year, the WiFi suddenly stops working out of nowhere. It just won't turn on. I try to restart the phone, I try just turning the phone off and on - no luck. "Well, this sucks, but it's not that bad, at least everything else works and I can use my mobile data." - I say to myself. Until my fast mobile data runs out and now I'm stuck with a mobile data so slow that loads an article for 30 minutes. I started to get frustrated. Then I got the "genius" idea - "look for a solution to the problem online", even though I was doubtful that I would find many people having the same issue and thus a solution to mine. However, I was met by a surprise - MANY people were experiencing the exact same issue. I thought I was one of the very few that get the short end of the stick (like i usually do). But no - low and behold the flood of people with an Asus phone that can't turn their WiFi on. How "lovely". Then we move on to the "solution" and cause of problem - its a software issue because of android 13 update bricking the wifi functionality. "Oh, okay." - I thought to myself. "At least I can flash the phone back to the previous version of Android (12), turn off automatic update and everything should be fine, right? ... Right? ....". Well, sorry, but no, fella. Actually, turns out that you CAN'T roll back to Android 12 even if you try and do it manually. I tried it all. You can't revert back, you can't put an android 12 file inside to boot from, you can't do anything - the phone is just fabric locked into android 13 and there is no way of unlocking. No developer options, no nothing. Thanks, ASUS.

The fact that I even bother to post a thread online just goes to show just how frustrated I am with the situation and how much I started hating the company since I usually never bother to do so.

Instead of issuing a simple braindead update that would let us fix our wifi or at least unlock our d@mn phone so we can flash the phone ourselves, Asus, for some reason, just decided - "no, we won't do that". I wonder why (so more people just give up and buy their newer phone). Well thank you for the "customer care".

Garbage company with no care for the customer, it took Gamers Nexus with 2 million subscribers for the company to bat an eye at all about their customer service. I will die but I will not buy an Asus product ever again.

4 REPLIES 4

Machine1222
Star I

Bye you won't be missed

rpaulojade
Star III

Hi I saw that a moderator reached out to you. Can I ask for what the correspondence was like?

Mod:

I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing.
Based on your description, it is recommended that you get in touch with the service center at your location to arrange for the repair of your phone.
If possible, please provide the serial number of your phone, so that I can check the warranty of your mobile phone for you first. 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Me: provides Serial number

Mod:

Based on the serial number information, your phone is now out of warranty (warranty expired on 2023-07-05).
As it has been beyond the warranty period, the service center may provide you with a cost estimate for parts replacement.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Me:

"Garbage company"

no more replies

lolkmg94
Star III

when was the manuf date of oyur device ?