This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data

ataylor
Star III
I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?
59 REPLIES 59

maelfactor
Star II
No info from ASUS yet? Considering seeking another alternative if this isn't resolved soon. 😞

ataylor
Star III
@smammy I agree, since my phone info shows the data connection as connected. Not that I can actually do anything with that connection, mind you. But I get time out errors, not no connection errors when I try downloading e-mail or the like.
@maelfactor I've had nothing useful in the way of communication from ASUS yet, neither here nor from the help desk, beyond what I reported above. Certainly nothing concerning root cause, though since I suspect it's a firmware problem, it could take a while for them to hunt it down.

keren_ASUS
Hi everyone,
Can you please share a log for users who are reporting limited mobile data and DM with the links:
Enable Logtool
1.        Open calculator and input ".19595+="
2.        Tap "Generate" in  "Phone, mobile networks, signal and charge" type
Test Steps:
*Quit and re-insert ATT SIM card, check if having network.*
Go Settings> Network & internet > Internet SIM1 (ATT SIM) >check 5G Network option disabled.(image) , check if you have network.
Enable/disable airplane mode, and check if you have network. (If it passes, skip step 4)
Reboot, check if having network. (If pas, skip step 5)
 Add an APN setting, and check if you have network.
http://mmsc.mobile.att.net" type="default,mms,supl" mmsproxy="proxy.mobile.att.net" mmsport="80"/>
Export Log
8.        Open calculator and input ".19595+="
9.        Tap "Exporting.." to export log file. It will take few minutes.
10.     Tap "Share" and select Google Dive to upload log file and share the link with me.
11.     Please also upload screen recording to Google drive and share the link with me.
 Thank you!
image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

maelfactor
Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi everyone,

Can you please share a log for users who are reporting limited mobile data and DM with the links:

Enable Logtool

1.        Open calculator and input ".19595+="

2.        Tap "Generate" in  "Phone, mobile networks, signal and charge" type

Export Log

8.        Open calculator and input ".19595+="

9.        Tap "Exporting.." to export log file. It will take few minutes.

10.     Tap "Share" and select Google Dive to upload log file and share the link with me.

11.     Please also upload screen recording to Google drive and share the link with me.

Thank you!

View post
I don't have enough post count to send DMs or post links. Let's see if I can engineer around it.
https : // drive.google. com/file/d/1Dvveg0tIpOyxqQnoMtwpfj7lntvBGBeJ/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully this helps. I tried all the processes in the second post and the sim still says Unknown carrier.

ataylor
Star III
@keren_ASUS I'll work on getting you a log file, but meanwhile wanted to report that I was able to solve my problem by switching to an ATT Phone APN, using all the same settings as the ATT Nextgenphone APN, with the exception of the APN entry being 'phone'. I'd previously tried setting up a fresh APN, but used the 'nxtgenphone' type for the APN entry, and that hadn't worked.
This is under Android 11. I haven't tried upgrading back to Android 12, yet, so no guarantees if you haven't tried applying the downgrade as a fix.