This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data

ataylor
Star III
I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?
59 REPLIES 59

tse2103
Star I
I can't even send or receive calls since this update. I also did what you did with no luck and support is down until the 21st !!

maelfactor
Star II
Same thing here - doesn't even recognize the SIM's carrier.

fergusd84
Rising Star I
Eeek. If this security patch has not yet arrived on a user's phone, is there a way to block it?
Also: if it hosed "your" phone I suppose this does not necessarily mean it will hose "my" phone .. .. ubnfortunately the only way to test this is to allow its installation and see what happens, I guess :o(

M_11
Star I
I have two SIM cards in my phone: one has T-Mobile's network using Mint as the MVNO, and the other has AT&T's network through Straight Talk as the MVNO provider. After the software update, the SIM card that connects to AT&T's network through Straight Talk no longer connects, but the T-Mobile one is still working fine. I tried swapping the SIM cards within the phone, so I know it's not the SIM slot, and I tried the AT&T SIM in another phone and it worked fine, so I know it's not my service or the SIM card. It also stopped connecting to AT&T's network immediately after the reboot that followed the update, and it was working fine 10 minutes earlier.

I called support and they said that they weren't aware of the issue, but that they would escalate it tomorrow. Please call them and let them know that you are experiencing it as well, otherwise they won't know that this is widespread.

US number: 1-888-678-3688

The broken update is Version WW-31.1010.0411.122, from 2022/09/07