This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data

ataylor
Star III
I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?
59 REPLIES 59

keren_ASUS
martinparker28

Hi, keren_ASUS, I have since changed my device from the Zenfone 8 to a Zenfone 9......and after only a week I wish I hadn't 😭, random reboots, apps not loading data, very poor WiFi signal.

View post
Hey, @martinparker28 I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your ZenFone 9. If you haven't done so already, please make a new post on the designated section so you can get help from our team! Thank you!

ZenFone 9

ataylor
Star III
@keren_ASUS I used the stock At&T Phone APN. The only difference between that and the AT&T Nextgenphone APN is the name and the APN entry - phone for AT&T Phone, and nxtgenphone for AT&T Nextgenphone.
I'll get you the log shortly, just need to make a Google account first.

ataylor
Star III
@keren_ASUS For completeness:
MMSC - http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy - proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port - 80
MCC - 310
MNC - 410
APN type - default,mms,supl,hipri,fota
APN Protocol - IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming Protocol - IPv4/IPv6
Everything else not set, unspecified, or none.
As I mentioned above, this is identical for the At&T Nextgenphone APN, which doesn't work, and the AT&T Phone APN, which does.

ataylor
Star III
@keren_ASUS My stock AT&T 4GB Plan.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.