This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 15th 2022 Android 12 Patch killed mobile data

ataylor
Star III
I'd finally gotten Android 12 to the point where it was nearly stable and livable, and then the security patch yesterday completely hosed mobile data. WiFi still works. I've tried most of the tricks - restarting, resetting the network , resetting the entire phone, no joy. Anyone else fighting this? Any suggestions?
59 REPLIES 59

ataylor
Star III
If it wasn't clear, I was having the no mobile data version of the problem, not the no connection at all problem.

smammy
Star III
keren_ASUS

Also, users who are having trouble on AT&T, please try these steps to see if the problem can be resolved. If not, please share a log using the instructions from above:

Test steps

1. Insert an AT&T SIM card, and check if you having network.
  2. Go Settings> Network & internet > Internet SIM1 (ATT SIM) >check 5G Network option disabled.(image) , check if you have network.
  3. Enable/disable airplane mode, and check if you have network. (If it passes, skip step 4)
  4. Reboot, check if having network. (If pas, skip step 5)
  5.  Add an APN setting, and check if you have network.

View post
Hi @keren_ASUS, I also can't send DMs or links yet.
I'm one of the users who has no connectivity at all on AT&T. I tried the test steps you suggested, but it didn't fix anything. Here's the log file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11vp1sOEMawWSYyzNTkqNwOfcSy2UvqjP/view?usp=sharing
Thanks for you help.

keren_ASUS
Hi @maelfactor 
I'm so sorry for the inconvenience, can you please share a log with the instructions above
Enable log tool
Go through the test steps (this is what we need to log)
Export
Thank you so much for all your help!

keren_ASUS
Hey martinparker28 
Can you also share a log with us? You are the only user from the UK and we need to review it. Thank you!

keren_ASUS
 @tse2103 @M_1@piistoffataylor 
Hi all!
Can you all share a log too? We're investigating all instances of this issue and since you're having issues with no SMS, and no data it will help us out a lot.
Thank you!