Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating while in sleeping mode

zdun95
Star I
System: Win 11
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: ZenBook Pro 15 Flip OLED (UP6502)
Frequency of occurrence: sometimes
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: -
========================
Detailed description:
Hello! My new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED overheats when I close the lid and goes to sleep mode. When it happens it drains the battery. I noticed it during last two weeks, it doesn't happen every time - it is rather a problem when laptop stays in sleep during the night. I have seen similiar problem with ASUS laptops in different forums, but any gave a solution to this.
What could be the cause? Any hint to solve this? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
zdun95
  1. System: Win 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro 15 Flip OLED (UP6502)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: sometimes
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: -

========================

Detailed description:

Hello! My new Zenbook Pro 15 Flip OLED overheats when I close the lid and goes to sleep mode. When it happens it drains the battery. I noticed it during last two weeks, it doesn't happen every time - it is rather a problem when laptop stays in sleep during the night. I have seen similiar problem with ASUS laptops in different forums, but any gave a solution to this.

What could be the cause? Any hint to solve this? Thanks in advance.

Overheating while in sleeping mode
@zdun95
May I know the full model name of the laptop you are using?
What is the BIOS and system version you are currently using?
Does the problem improve if you restart the laptop?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft Support

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.