potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
System: Win10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX482EG
Frequency of occurrence: Sometimes when closing the lid
========================
Detailed description:
Is it possible to stop the windows from moving around when the lid is closed and then opened again? (Setting for lid closed is "Do nothing")
I understand that the secondary display disconnects when the lid is closed (and the laptop remains on) and that Windows moves all of the windows to the main display because it detects that the screen layout has changed.
Is it possible to have the windows either stay where they were or relocate to their previous positions when the lid is opened again?
Can anyone else confirm this behaviour? It sometimes does not happen but most of the time it does move my windows.
I have also tested this with Power Button: Sleep mode and it appears to do the same thing
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
potatosubwoofer
  1. System: Win10
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: UX482EG
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Sometimes when closing the lid

========================

Detailed description:

Is it possible to stop the windows from moving around when the lid is closed and then opened again? (Setting for lid closed is "Do nothing")

I understand that the secondary display disconnects when the lid is closed (and the laptop remains on) and that Windows moves all of the windows to the main display because it detects that the screen layout has changed.

Is it possible to have the windows either stay where they were or relocate to their previous positions when the lid is opened again?

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour? It sometimes does not happen but most of the time it does move my windows.

I have also tested this with Power Button: Sleep mode and it appears to do the same thing

How to stop windows from moving around when closing the lid or sleeping
@potatosubwoofer
Could you please provide me with the operation video for confirmation by the relevant unit?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Thanks Falcon, please find attached a quick video of it. If you need a more detailed video I can do it over the weekend

Falcon_ASUS
potatosubwoofer

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/E88DPEPXAWUZ/windows-rearrange-lid-closed.mp4

Thanks Falcon, please find attached a quick video of it. If you need a more detailed video I can do it over the weekend

View post
@potatosubwoofer
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Falcon_ASUS
potatosubwoofer

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/E88DPEPXAWUZ/windows-rearrange-lid-closed.mp4

View post
@potatosubwoofer
Confirmed by the technical unit, this is normal behavior.
When the screen cover is closed, the secondary screen will be powered off, so the windows in secondary screen will jump back to the main screen.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.