This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk upgrade on an ZenBook UX360CA. 256 to 512.

Hammerstein
Star I
Hi,
I have a UX360CA with a 256GB disk and its starting to run low on space. I tried to installa a 512GB disk but the system didn't recognize it at all? I checked with the asus support team and they say that the maximum size on a m.2 nvme drive is 512, and that any disk with that size should do. I tried to install a 480GB but that didn't work either. So my question is, does anybody here have a UX360 with a 512GB disk? If so please tell me what brand and model so I can try the same disk in my machine.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

FongPoui
Rising Star II
If your model is an Intel base, please try to dlownload IRST from intel web site. I also think that you can find it from MyAsus app.
I had the same issue as yours more than a month ago when replacing a 1TB by a 2TB. The BIOS can see my new 2tb (yours must see that new size first, if not it simply means that yours cannot take that size).
I downloaded the IRST and put into my installation usb and browsed for it at the selection disk to install. If no IRST, you cannot continue...

Falcon_ASUS
Hammerstein

Hi,

I have a UX360CA with a 256GB disk and its starting to run low on space. I tried to installa a 512GB disk but the system didn't recognize it at all? I checked with the asus support team and they say that the maximum size on a m.2 nvme drive is 512, and that any disk with that size should do. I tried to install a 480GB but that didn't work either. So my question is, does anybody here have a UX360 with a 512GB disk? If so please tell me what brand and model so I can try the same disk in my machine.

Thanks!

Disk upgrade on an ZenBook UX360CA. 256 to 512.
@Hammerstein
Its SSD can indeed be upgraded to 512GB.
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix the problem that cannot find drives when installing Wind...Thank you.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.