cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Image always resets to original ASUS OLED image

phermous
Star III

Hi!

I have a small but very much annoying problem. Every time I switch the default desktop background image (wallpaper) something is resets it back in a few minutes.  

I've located the wallpaper here: %WinDir%\asus\wallpapers\asus.jpg but even if I delete it something sets it back from somewhere else.  I did not find any settings regarding this in MyAsus, or anywhere else.

Is there a workaround to solve this?  Such as removing a reg key, or else? 

Thank your for your help. 

The machine:

Spoiler
  • ASUS Zenbook UX3402ZA
  • Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1240P 1.70 GHz
  • Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)
  • Windows 11 Pro
    • Version 22H2
    • Installed on ‎2023-‎01-‎10
    • OS build 22621.1265
    • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @amossi10 and @phermous .

Could you please refer to [Notebook] MyASUS - Customization, try disable the pixel shift and pixel refresh functions to see if the problem is fixed? 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Thank you for you suggestion. I did a quick test with the mentioned settings:

• Turning off Pixel shift solves the problem immediately.
  • Pixel refresh doesn't seems to play here, but I can't be sure, since I haven't got time yet to test it with the 30' idle. 

Is there a technological explanation for this, or it is just a bug which hopefully fill fixed in the near future. As far as I see Pixel shift should be a solution to prevent OLED burn-ins. So at the moment I can choose to prevent that OR using baseline customisation (changing background). It would be nice if a machine in this price range would be able to do both of them. 😄 

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amossi10
Star II

I have the same problem but with the background of the screenpad 2.0 in my 14 x oled ux5400zb model.

I hope asus can adress and fix this issue.

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @amossi10 and @phermous .

Could you please refer to [Notebook] MyASUS - Customization, try disable the pixel shift and pixel refresh functions to see if the problem is fixed? 

Thank you.

Thank you for you suggestion. I did a quick test with the mentioned settings:

• Turning off Pixel shift solves the problem immediately.
  • Pixel refresh doesn't seems to play here, but I can't be sure, since I haven't got time yet to test it with the 30' idle. 

Is there a technological explanation for this, or it is just a bug which hopefully fill fixed in the near future. As far as I see Pixel shift should be a solution to prevent OLED burn-ins. So at the moment I can choose to prevent that OR using baseline customisation (changing background). It would be nice if a machine in this price range would be able to do both of them. 😄 

Thanks

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.