cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 UX582 / Crashing on battery after BIOS 305 upgrade

EikroA
Star II

Hi.

Recently upgraded BIOS of my UX582 to 305. It came with Windows Update.

Although, the upgrade went smoothly and at first I didn't noticed any problem until I disconnected the power cord. Few seconds later it froze. Long story short, I reset BIOS, did a clean cloud recovery reinstalled everything, updated to latest drivers. As soon as the laptop switches to battery it freezes.

BIOS 301 didn't have any problems but EZ tool doesn't let me downgrade.

A workaround I found - is by disabling NVIDIA card before using it of battery. Tried DDU and older drivers, same thing.

Any suggestions?

Support says to send it for repair, but this laptop has already been into repair two times (in less than a year) and I just can't do that right now as I need it for work. But seriously, why can't they provide instructions on downgrade? Or maybe there is some beta bios?

12 REPLIES 12

@EikroA
Sorry, I made some revisions to my response.
Additionally, I have messaged you. Please provide your laptop's serial number through the message so that I can proceed with the report.
Thank you.

@Falcon_ASUS 

I uploaded the video of the problem and sent you the link via personal message.  

Thank you!

@EikroA 
I have received your message, and I will forward the information to the relevant department.
We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

ArmEYed
Star I

I have the exact same problem with the same model of laptop

After I have sent some additional information for debugging the issue via private message, Falcon replied that there will be a new BIOS release in early July that should fix it.