This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beloved Zenbook UX325EA doesn't start anymore

gabrio81
Rising Star I

This morning i've done some work on my Zenbook UX325EA - and put it on hibernate as usual.

Come back this evening, wanted to upgrade the BIOS, press Power and it's dead, zero, no led lights, no orange light on AC, nothing - tried the 40 seconds reset, just opened it and unplugged the battery - plugged AC, doesn't start. Plugged external screen, nothing, no fans nothing. So gutted.

Has been such a hard working laptop - i think 10 days ago i spilled a drop of water on the keyboard, could have been it? Isn't it military standard etc? Just a few drops anyway....

Is the motherboard and the laptop is fried yeah?

If yes, i am so gutted, just few months ago my Vivobook S15 dead with pretty much the same situation, though that was 5 years old, this Zenbook is just 2.5 years old and 1000+€ laptop 😞 obviously out of warranty now.

Did anybody else encounter the same? Can i try anything else?

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@gabrio81
According to what you described, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

hey Falcon,

Yes, i sent it in to Asus Croatia's partner. Honestly, i am really gutted, my Zen was just 2.5 years old and even more gutted because my extended warranty expired just 12 days ago.

Do you think Asus could do a stretch and cover it under warranty for an expensive repair such as the motherboard for just 12 days? I paid for extended warranty.

Or that's gonna be all on me? I found out that a new motherboard for my Zen (top version with Intel Core i7-1165G7 ) it's around 400€ + labour costs), so that'll set me back at least 500€ - whole Zenbook costed 1000€ -

I didn't get any reply, Falcon, what did you post? it's blank.

@gabrio81
I deleted my previous message because I replied to the wrong discussion. 
In your situation, I would recommend contacting your local service center to confirm whether your extended warranty can cover this issue. 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.