This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED (M7400QE) support 100Hz over HDMI to a 100Hz external monitor ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was planning on buying an external monitor for the Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED (M7400QE) laptop.
The monitor supports 100Hz over an HDMI 1.4 connection. Will I be able to get 100Hz on the monitor if it is connected to this device?
I would also like to know which GPU is connected to the HDMI port (the Ryzen iGPU or the RTX 3050 Ti).

#M7400QE 

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous 
The HDMI specification of your laptop is 1.4. 
This HDMI specification was only verified up to 1080P 30Hz at the time of sale. However, after rechecking, 60Hz is indeed supported according to the specifications, but it is confirmed that HDMI 1.4 does not support 90Hz.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Falcon_ASUS  If we go by the specifications of HDMI 1.4 port then at 1080p resolution it supports up to a maximum of 120hz, so by that logic 90hz wouldn't be a problem either. But this is not what I am asking you what I intend to ask you is whether or not the HDMI port of the laptop is capped below its maximum capabilities or not (like being limited to 60hz only).
Waiting for your reply.
Thank You!

@Anonymous 
As mentioned in the previous response, the result of the inquiry is 60Hz.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your assistance. It seems I’ll need to purchase the monitor and verify whether my laptop supports a higher frame rate or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Falcon_ASUS Thank you for replying,
I have previously used an Acer GN246HL as an external monitor for this device (that monitor supports only 
up to 60Hz on HDMI and 144Hz on DVI-D dual link) and was able to use that monitor at 60Hz, so I don’t know what you are talking about here.
Kindly check your information again.

The laptop I am using is Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED with RTX 3050ti and Ryzen 9 5900HX (M7400QE) in case it wasn't clear previously.