This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering and weird line in games on new graphics driver

Afzal36
Star I

I updated my GPU to the latest update version from intel driver and support assistant according to the instructions you gave me . My previous driver was updated two years ago. When I launched the game with the previous driver . It asked for driver updates and I updated the driver . The game worked but got flickering and weird flashy lines . I hope you will provide me an OEM new driver for the GPU or other ways to fix these problems .

4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS

@Afzal36
What is the complete model of the laptop you are using?

Does the issue occur with all games or only with specific games?

Please provide the current BIOS version, system version (operating system build numbers), graphics card driver version, and the names of the games you are running so that we can further investigate.

Thank you.

I have vivobook x1402za with intel core i3 1220p. I had these flashy flickering lines in ghost of Tsushima and assassin's creed syndicate. Ghost of Tsushima cannot be run without new drivers . So I updated from OEM driver v31.0.101.4032 that was updated on 12/21/2022 to the version 31.0.101.5522 using intel driver and support assistant as per your instructions. Still got those issues in the game . And my bios version is x1402za.307 with windows 11 v23h2 build 22631.3593 . I can play ghost of Tsushima with any stutters and lags . But the pictures specifically characters get flickering lines and ghosts. The games that I'm playing right now are assassin's creed odyssey and watchdogs 2 without any problems . And this is my third time replying for the post. They all get removed after posting the reply 

I have vivobook x1402za with intel core i3 1220p. I had these flashy flickering lines in ghost of Tsushima and assassin's creed syndicate. Ghost of Tsushima cannot be run without new drivers  . So I updated from OEM driver v31.0.101.4032 that was updated on 12/21/2022 to the version 31.0.101.5522 using intel driver and support assistant as per your instructions. Still got those issues in the game . And my bios version is x1402za.307 with windows 11 v23h2 build 22631.3593 . I can play ghost of Tsushima with any stutters and lags . But the pictures specifically characters get flickering lines and ghosts. The games that I'm playing right now are assassin's creed odyssey and watchdogs 2 without any problems . And I'm replying here because the replies that I posted in zentalk community gets removed.

@Afzal36
Based on your description:
"The games that I'm playing right now are Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Watchdogs 2 without any problems."

Since the issue only appears with other games, I suggest you contact the game developers to check if it is a compatibility issue between the game software and the drivers.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.