I've been having this issue for weeks now.
I have a Logitech mouse on an Asus x571GT laptop, and one day the Bluetooth connection to my mouse suddenly disappeared.
I checked and the Bluetooth on my laptop disappeared. I checked DEVICE MANAGER and the Bluetooth was gone (unless I selected to show hidden devices) but under the Universal Serial Bus, one of the drivers is called "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" appeared.
If my Bluetooth is working, that error isn't there. The second my Bluetooth disappears, "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" appears under Universal Serial Buses dropdown menu.
I've searched online and...
1) My Windows 10 is up to date
2) My drivers are up to date
3) I've uninstalled "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" and restarted the computer. Sometimes the Bluetooth returns and everything is fine for a couple of minutes/hours/days before it suddenly disappears again, and "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" driver reappears
4) I've disabled Fast boot up in the Power settings
5) I've selected DISABLE under Turn off USB Power Saving.
6) I've uninstalled all the USB drivers and Bluetooth and restarted the computer. Sometimes it works....
Everything I've tried, is only a temporary fix, and not a permanent one.
Has anyone else come across this problem and actually has a solution that works that doesn't involve a factory reset?
As previously discussed with you here.
If your issue persists and cannot be resolved, it is recommended to back up your data and restore the system to eliminate any software problems.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.