Model: K451LN-WX005H
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
=======================
webcam-greyed-out.jpg
=
Detailed description:
My integrated webcam for my Asus laptop (USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam) becomes a hidden device and is greyed out as shown in above picture. I have un-installed the webcam and restarted my laptop multiple times but it still remains as hidden and greyed out.
Would @Falcon_ASUS or @Blake_ASUS be able to assist, as I have seen both provide webcam solutions in this forum?
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
shawntkh93
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both battery and AC
  3. Model: K451LN-WX005H
  4. Frequency of occurrence: All the time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

=======================

webcam-greyed-out.jpg

=

Detailed description:

My integrated webcam for my Asus laptop (USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam) becomes a hidden device and is greyed out as shown in above picture. I have un-installed the webcam and restarted my laptop multiple times but it still remains as hidden and greyed out.

Would @Falcon_ASUS or @Blake_ASUS be able to assist, as I have seen both provide webcam solutions in this forum?

Webcam USB2.0 becomes hidden device and greyed out
@shawntkh93
Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
Have you installed any third-party apps for the camera? (e,g. ZOOM)
If you have installed it, we would recommend to uninstall the third-party app and reboot the laptop ,or go to safe mode to confirm.
The following FAQs are also provided for your reference.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Notebook’s camera problem | Official Support | ASUS Global[Windows 10] How to enter Safe Mode | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.