cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Vivobook S 14 Flip (TP3402) battery drain problem after shut down

grgczyz
Star I

Dear Asus,

I have a problem with my new Asus S 14 flip. There is battery drain after shut down - around 5% per 5 days. After month and a half battery is fully discharged and laptop is unable to switch on. I have to connect it to charger to make it possible to switch it on.

I think it is against user manual in which we can find on p.13 in "Standard battery care" section:

"If you are not using your device for a long period of time, ensure to charge the battery power to 50% then power off your device and disconnect AC power adapter. Recharge the battery power to 50% every three months to avoid over-discharging prevent damage to the battery"

I can't follow this statement because after 1,5 month my battery is fully discharge.

Dear Asus  … I have two questions:

• Is it normal or my laptop is out of order and I should send it to local Asus service?
  • Have you got any standards of accepted battery drains after shut down? If yes then what is the highest accepted battery drain level?

PS All tests in MyAsus app are positive.

Best Regards,

Greg

19 REPLIES 19

@grgczyz
Sorry for the late reply.

The instructions in the user manual suggest that if the battery is not used for an extended period, it is recommended to perform a recharge every three months to prevent excessive discharge and potential battery damage. This information is stated in the user manual.

As mentioned earlier, with current technology, laptops are designed to protect the battery when it is completely discharged. Therefore, it was advised not to go without charging or powering on for more than six months.

However, the actual usage and maintenance methods should still be considered and decided by you.

grgczyz
Star I

Falcon_ASUS?

camilasaunder89
Rising Star I

Battery drainage issues usually happen due to overheating and background apps. You simply try to use an optimization tool that can help you with this. Such tools also help to boost system speed and free up disk space.

If you're looking for one, then there are many alternatives available: https://tweaklibrary.com/best-ccleaner-alternatives/

Hello  camilasaunder89

But we are talking here about battery drain during/after windows shut down (when laptop is off). Beside that Windows is restored to initial state with none external apps installed.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.