This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard D and BACKSPACE keys seem to be connected to NumPad keys 4 and 6.

Rokkermox
Star I
System: win 11 64bit, BIOS 311
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zephyrus G15 2022
Frequency of occurrence: Keyboard keys dont work as intended when pressed or held.
Reset OS: No.
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
i have an issue with my D and BACKSPACE keys. When pressed once both act like they are pressed in combination with an arrow key. When i hold D key it acts like a right arrow key and BACKSPACE acts like a left arrow key. I used some random online keyboard test and it just confired what i said, when i press D key it registers like i pressed D and 4 key on a numpad together, same thing with BACKSPACE but it registers it with 6 key on numpad. Virtual keyboard and external keyboard dont have this issue. I tried using NumLock on virtual keyboard and it just turns my D key into number 6 and BACKSPACE in 4. Went to bios and in bios pressing D types d6 and backspace results in 4.
What i did to try and fix this:
Uninstall keyboard. Update windows and bios. Registry edit to disable NumPad.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Rokkermox
  1. System: win 11 64bit, BIOS 311
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Zephyrus G15 2022
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Keyboard keys dont work as intended when pressed or held.
  5. Reset OS: No.
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

i have an issue with my D and BACKSPACE keys. When pressed once both act like they are pressed in combination with an arrow key. When i hold D key it acts like a right arrow key and BACKSPACE acts like a left arrow key. I used some random online keyboard test and it just confired what i said, when i press D key it registers like i pressed D and 4 key on a numpad together, same thing with BACKSPACE but it registers it with 6 key on numpad. Virtual keyboard and external keyboard dont have this issue. I tried using NumLock on virtual keyboard and it just turns my D key into number 6 and BACKSPACE in 4. Went to bios and in bios pressing D types d6 and backspace results in 4.

What i did to try and fix this:

Uninstall keyboard. Update windows and bios. Registry edit to disable NumPad.

Keyboard D and BACKSPACE keys seem to be connected to NumPad keys 4 and 6.
@Rokkermox
Have you ever used an external keyboard before?
Does the situation improve if you remove the external keyboard?
If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.