cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me identify the chipset for this laptop

Superballs
Star I
I can't post the direct Amazon link but the description is as follows:

ASUS ROG Strix G17 (2022) Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 240Hz IPS Type WQHD Display, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX, 32GB DDR5, 1TB PCIe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 11 Home, G713RS-AS91-CA
This was on sale on Amazon, and it has been pretty hard to find specific info on this laptop, but even the similar models on ASUS' site do not list the chipset being used.
This is important as I have an HP Reverb G2, and it's known to have connectivity issues with AMD systems, and I need to know if I should contact HP to get the replacement cable.
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Superballs

I can't post the direct Amazon link but the description is as follows:

ASUS ROG Strix G17 (2022) Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 240Hz IPS Type WQHD Display, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX, 32GB DDR5, 1TB PCIe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 11 Home, G713RS-AS91-CA

This was on sale on Amazon, and it has been pretty hard to find specific info on this laptop, but even the similar models on ASUS' site do not list the chipset being used.

This is important as I have an HP Reverb G2, and it's known to have connectivity issues with AMD systems, and I need to know if I should contact HP to get the replacement cable.

Thank you.

Help me identify the chipset for this laptop
@Superballs
From what I understand, the chipset is integrated into the processor.
The processor of the G713RS is AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX Mobile Processor.
Regarding the specifications of this processor, it is recommended to refer to the following.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 6900HX Mobile Processors with AMD Radeon™ GraphicsIt is also recommended that you contact HP to inquire about the compatibility of the device with this processor.
Thank you.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.