cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware: Signature Version: 2.376 2023/10/17 - Filling System Log with errors

Rooke
Star III

Router: RT-AC66U B1 (AC1750); Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.51665 ;
On Tuesday, 2023/10/17, I noticed the entire System Log filled with the same repeating errors, all starting with error: "kernel: dcd/22609: potentially unexpected fatal signal 6." The only difference between the errors is the dcd number.

I checked the Administration menu, Firmware Upgrade tab, and found that the Firmware Signature Version had been updated to "2.376 2023/10/17 09:04" which was a couple of hours before I checked the logs.

After seeing that, I unplugged the Router for a few minutes and plugged it in again and let it boot up.

The errors went away for about an hour then came back. Subsequent (4) power off/on resulted in the same situation.

The errors do not seem to be affecting the router's performance, but the problem needs to be addressed by Asus. Attached is a snippet of the errors.

73 REPLIES 73

I have the same problem, have you been able to find any solution ?

No, not yet.  I also sent ASUS a feedback directly from my router.  It's under Advanced Settings | Administration | Feedback.

Do you have the same router or a different model?

My model is the RT-AC88U, for now I have to change from FW to the original asus.

See you soon

I have the same routermodel.