Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide an updated chipset driver for ZenBook UM425IA

belegdol
Star III
Hello,
I already mentioned this issue one year ago:
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54587/updated-chipset-driver-for-zenbook-um425ia#latest
In brief, the chipset driver provided on the support page is too old to fix the known performance issue with AMD laptops:
amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400
I updated to Windows 11 yesterday and tried installing the generic AMD drivers. Unfortunately this broke modern standby:
dropbox.com/s/cdgdkp1nuqnjzz3/sleepstudy-report.html?dl=0
I have since reverted to the Asus drivers and modern standby is working again. It thus seems there would be a benefit for the Asus driver to get updated. Thank you for your consideration
13 REPLIES 13

Falcon_ASUS
belegdol

I have Windows 11 22H2. I installed the chipset driver from the Asus Support website / MyAsus: Version V27.20.1022.5.

View post
@belegdol
The technical unit wants to understand the actual situation with you again to verify the problem.
Need your help to confirm which apps or software will encounter the performance degradation problem mentioned on the AMD website? Or is it only the modern standby function that has the problem?
If you install the official AMD driver, does the problem disappear?What version of the AMD driver do you install?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

belegdol
Star III
Thank you for getting back to me. Regarding the performance degradation, I did not do any benchmarks myself. I merely assumed that since the issue has been recognised by AMD, every machine is affected. Looking at the changelog [1], however, it does appear that the fix is in the power management plan and not in any of the drivers. On the ASUS laptop, the plan used is "ASUS recommended", not "AMD recommended". So in an ideal case someone would need to check whether whatever was changed by AMD needs to be ported over to the ASUS plan.
Regarding the modern standby, I initially installed amd_chipset_software_4.09.23.507.exe, whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.5.1-win10-win11-may10.exe and experienced problems with modern standby with it. I then uninstalled both and installed the ASUS drivers, APU_DriverOnly_DCH_AMD_F_V27.20.1022.5Sub1_22440.exe. The problems did not go away as I initially reported. I have then realised that some of the newer versions of the driver remained installed. I have thus uninstalled them manually from the device manager and installed the ASUS driver again. I believe that this did not help either, unfortunately but I will check again to be sure and report back. It appears that the issues occur whenever the PC is suspended long enough for windows to attempt to wake it up for maintenance. Here is the updated sleep study:
sleepstudy-report.htmlIt would be great if at least the modern standby issues could be fixed. The product page mentions free upgrade to Windows 11, which together with providing Windows 11 drivers indicates that this configuration is expected to work. Thank you for your consideration.
[1] https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-3-10-08-506

belegdol
Star III
The modern standby issues are definitely still there:
sleepstudy-report-new.htmlI closed the lid and when I opened it a while later, the screen did not come back online. I had to force the shutdown.

Falcon_ASUS
belegdol

The modern standby issues are definitely still there:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/znjmkrmq5hns7xz/sleepstudy-report-new.html?dl=0

I closed the lid and when I opened it a while later, the screen did not come back online. I had to force the shutdown.

View post
@belegdol
I have reported to the technical unit again.
Thanks for your information.
** Since MyASUS should not have version 2.17.25.506, could you please confirm the version for me again?

belegdol
Star III
APU_DriverOnly_DCH_AMD_F_V27.20.1022.5Sub1_22440.exe is what I have installed. I am not sure where I got the 2.17.25.506 version number from last time, apologies.