Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide an updated chipset driver for ZenBook UM425IA

belegdol
Star III
Hello,
I already mentioned this issue one year ago:
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54587/updated-chipset-driver-for-zenbook-um425ia#latest
In brief, the chipset driver provided on the support page is too old to fix the known performance issue with AMD laptops:
amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400
I updated to Windows 11 yesterday and tried installing the generic AMD drivers. Unfortunately this broke modern standby:
dropbox.com/s/cdgdkp1nuqnjzz3/sleepstudy-report.html?dl=0
I have since reverted to the Asus drivers and modern standby is working again. It thus seems there would be a benefit for the Asus driver to get updated. Thank you for your consideration
13 REPLIES 13

Falcon_ASUS
belegdol

APU_DriverOnly_DCH_AMD_F_V27.20.1022.5Sub1_22440.exe is what I have installed. I am not sure where I got the 2.17.25.506 version number from last time, apologies.

View post
@belegdol
We are still clarifying.
If there is any update, I will reply to you immediately.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Falcon_ASUS
belegdol

APU_DriverOnly_DCH_AMD_F_V27.20.1022.5Sub1_22440.exe is what I have installed. I am not sure where I got the 2.17.25.506 version number from last time, apologies.

View post
@belegdol
Confirmed by the technical unit, since the driver and BIOS need to be modified, it is expected to complete the modification and test in Q1 of 2023. After the new version is released, I will reply to you immediately, thank you.

belegdol
Star III

Hello @Falcon_ASUS , any news?

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.