Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide an updated chipset driver for ZenBook UM425IA

belegdol
Star III
Hello,
I already mentioned this issue one year ago:
zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54587/updated-chipset-driver-for-zenbook-um425ia#latest
In brief, the chipset driver provided on the support page is too old to fix the known performance issue with AMD laptops:
amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400
I updated to Windows 11 yesterday and tried installing the generic AMD drivers. Unfortunately this broke modern standby:
dropbox.com/s/cdgdkp1nuqnjzz3/sleepstudy-report.html?dl=0
I have since reverted to the Asus drivers and modern standby is working again. It thus seems there would be a benefit for the Asus driver to get updated. Thank you for your consideration
13 REPLIES 13

belegdol
Star III
It turns out that Asus-provided drivers also crash if the PC is left at idle long enough. Is there a way of checking what exactly is crashing under Windows? Or is reverting to Windows 10 the only option?

Falcon_ASUS
belegdol

Hello,

I already mentioned this issue one year ago:

zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/54587/updated-chipset-driver-for-zenbook-um425ia#latest

In brief, the chipset driver provided on the support page is too old to fix the known performance issue with AMD laptops:

amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400

I updated to Windows 11 yesterday and tried installing the generic AMD drivers. Unfortunately this broke modern standby:

dropbox.com/s/cdgdkp1nuqnjzz3/sleepstudy-report.html?dl=0

I have since reverted to the Asus drivers and modern standby is working again. It thus seems there would be a benefit for the Asus driver to get updated. Thank you for your consideration

Please provide an updated chipset driver for ZenBook UM425IA
@belegdol
Regarding this description:
"In brief, the chipset driver provided on the support page is too old to fix the known performance issue with AMD laptops:"
May I know the driver version you installed? Also, what system version are you currently using?
Which version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft SupportThank you.

belegdol
Star III
I have Windows 11 22H2. I installed the chipset driver from the Asus Support website / MyAsus: Version V27.20.1022.5.

Falcon_ASUS
belegdol

I have Windows 11 22H2. I installed the chipset driver from the Asus Support website / MyAsus: Version V27.20.1022.5.

View post
@belegdol
I will forward the information to the relevant department.
We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.