Screenshot or video:
========================
capture-png.png

Detailed description:
Processor: Amd Ryzen 7-4700U
Ram: 16 GB DDR4
512 SSD.
Dedicated GPU memory: 512 MB.

I can't change the configured dedicated memory for my internal graphics VEGA on the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, it's set to 512M only!
My RAM is 16G, so I should have the option to increase it up to 2GB (as it's already can be done on ASUS laptops from BIOS).
I have entered BIOS mode and there was no GPU related menu and i also added a key (several different attempts ) in registry editor, but this did not help too.

So the question is, is there any option to increase my VRAM to any count higher than 512 MB- e.g. 2048.MB. If yes, please provide a solution for this.

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
kananxaliloff
  1. System: windows
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: X513IA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

capture-png.png

Detailed description:

Processor: Amd Ryzen 7-4700U

Ram: 16 GB DDR4

512 SSD.

Dedicated GPU memory: 512 MB.

I can't change the configured dedicated memory for my internal graphics VEGA on the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, it's set to 512M only!

My RAM is 16G, so I should have the option to increase it up to 2GB (as it's already can be done on ASUS laptops from BIOS).

I have entered BIOS mode and there was no GPU related menu and i also added a key (several different attempts ) in registry editor, but this did not help too.

So the question is, is there any option to increase my VRAM to any count higher than 512 MB- e.g. 2048.MB. If yes, please provide a solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

VRAM(Dedicated GPU memory) increase possibility
Not possible from the registry editor, Only possible from new special BIOS firmware.In new bios, BIos designer should allow the users to increase VRAM future, then only increasing is possible,

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ignore the reading.
Integrated GPU's do not have their own vram, they use the RAM of the computer as VRAM, hence it's dynamic how much it uses.
Do a simple test, launch a game that is known to soak a ton of vram and run MSI Afterburner and see your vram usage, you'll see very quickly that you have more than 512MB vRAM.

kananxaliloff
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50992/vram-dedicated-gpu-memory-increase-possibility

Not possible from the registry editor, Only possible from new special BIOS firmware.In new bios, BIos designer should allow the users to increase VRAM future, then only increasing is possible,

View post
whatsapp-image-2021-07-26-at-23-03-44.jpeg

HI.
Thanks for your asnwer.
Can you please advise me how i can do it on practice?
Would be very pleased if so.

Falcon_ASUS
kananxaliloff

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/177994#Comment_177994

whatsapp-image-2021-07-26-at-23-03-44.jpeg

HI.

Thanks for your asnwer.

Can you please advise me how i can do it on practice?

Would be very pleased if so.

View post
@kananxaliloff
I have sent a PM to you. Please provide your laptop's serial number and BIOS version via PM. And I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.