This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is maximum possible refresh rate in built-in & external screens in FA506NC-HN039 laptop?

Indubhushan
Star I

Hello, I'm going to buy a laptop. I like Asus, and consider buying ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506NC (FA506NC-HN039). But I am not sure about refresh rate. I want a laptop that supports 240 Hz in both built-in screen and also on external screen (simultaneously).

I looked here - https://www.asus.com/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/2021-asus-tuf-gaming-a15/techspec/

and I see that there are 10 versions of TUF Gaming A15. I don't understand why for some of them there is written that 240Hz is supported (and some lower refresh rates), while for other editions of A15 there is written only 144Hz, I don't understand, why it is so? What does it mean if for FA506NC-HN039 it is written only 144 Hz. Does it mean I cannot tweak it in any way to get 240 Hz on built in / external screens? The laptops seem to be almost same, in design and technical characteristics, so I wonder why some like FA506NC-HN039 have 144 Hz maximum. Maybe there is possibility of "overclocking" for FA506NC-HN039 to get 240Hz for both built-in and external screen at same time? As I understand - the graphics card supports 240Hz without problem... So I guess that maybe the built-in screens in 10 versions of ASUS TUF Gaming A15 are different, and so some like in FA506NC has worse display which has lower maximum refresh rates supported? If so, can I make upgrade of FA506NC-HN039 screen (or whatever required) to get 240Hz for built-in and external screens both? I haven't bought laptop yet, but if such upgrade is possible, I will buy it.
Thank you in advance

0 REPLIES 0