This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook 14 UX3402z unable to connect to a monitor using the USB Type C, thunderbolt 4

Albs12345
Star I
I am unable to connect to a monitor using the type C connection. The monitor and cable has been tested on another computer without any problem.
16 REPLIES 16

Albs12345
Star I
Any idea if its a driver issue? and if so where to update? I have updated all the windows update there is, and I have downloaded and installed all the Asus drivers for the grapchis card

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@Albs12345
As I undertand, you mean that your USB-type C is a converter to HDMI connection, right? I bought an ORICO hub with HTMI out. When I connect my computer from HDMI cable (out from my usb-type C hub) to a monitor (by HDMI channel), the connection is successful.
I also have a Targus with 3 USB-type A ports and 1 HDMI port, I connect my computer to my TV via HDML, it is ok too.

Falcon_ASUS
Albs12345

I am unable to connect to a monitor using the type C connection. The monitor and cable has been tested on another computer without any problem.

Zenbook 14 UX3402z unable to connect to a monitor using the USB Type C, thunderbolt 4
@Albs12345
Is your BIOS also updated to the latest?
[Notebook] How to update BIOS in Windows | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf you have confirmed that there is no problem with the connected cable, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Albs12345
Star I
no its a straight Type C to Type C ccable. The thunderbolt4 should be supported on both system. But its not connecting, the hardware does not appear on the device manager's list.