cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9, Rebooting since update

Model Name: ZenFone 9

Firmware Version: 34.3040.2004.87

Rooted or not: no

Frequency of Occurrence: started right after update, then continuous. Okay for about two days after factory reset, then continuous.

I restarted my phone last Thursday, and I think it installed the update to Android 14 and the newest firmware.

After the restart, it got stuck in a loop, just rebooting over and over. 

It would show the Asus Zenfone logo, the Snapdragon screen, and sometimes get to the locked screen. It could be unlocked, and I could get to the home screen, if I was quick about it, but either way it would reboot again.

I started it in Safe Mode, and found that it was stable. I could from there reboot it and start normally, as long as it remained in airplane mode. If mobile or WiFi data were turned on, the rebooting would continue.

I did a factory reset, and that seemed to work, but after about two days, the problem reemerged and the rebooting started again.

I don't know if there is a reasonable way to roll back he firmware/Android version, or some other solution. I can't be sure it was the update, but I'm not sure what else could be causing it.

11 REPLIES 11

GoboGob
Star I

Same problem is happening to me here in Thailand. I am here on business trip and about to fly back to the US. Lucky I have another phone as a back up. If there is a way to fix it, please share. It will be really suck since I mainly use this Zenfone while I stay in the US....

Greatjob234
Star I

Yeah exact same thing happened to me. I can start it in safe mode and then factory reset, it'll work for a few days and then go into a bootloop. Or it'll bootloop immediately if I try setting up visual voicemail. If I go into safe mode and try turning on wifi/cell service before factory resetting it will go back into a bootloop. Lucky I bought insurance and they'll give me full price for it! 

Gutter_Fool
Star III

Adding the ROG 8 and Zenfone 10 threads that also pertain to this exact issue for Zenfone 9 users here. Since both of those threads have more attention. Important to follow all of them for each other.

AT&T Zenfone10 Bootloop thread 

AT&T ROG 8 Bootloop thread 

Gutter_Fool
Star III

Everyone, apparently Mod Mansi_ASUS has responded to a new Zenfone 9 boot loop thread, stating that the R&D Team has found the problem and is working on a fix as of 7 hours ago from typing this.

Found here: Zenfone 9 Boot Looping 

GoboGob
Star I

I went to one of the AT&T store near my house today. Asked the technician at the store for help with the issues we are having. She told me "Yeah AT&T stop supporting on those old phones. How old is your phone?". The funny thing was when she removed AT&T SIM from my ZEN9 and put it in to my Samsung S23, the ZEN9 stop going in to the restart loop...even if I turn on the WIFI.