This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update - 34.1004.0204.120 causing constant reboot with AT&T SIM card inserted

Open1Your1Eyes0
Star III

Installed the update version 34.1004.0204.120 just now and now my phone is constantly rebooting if I have my AT&T SIM card inserted.

If I remove the SIM card everything works, even connecting to WiFi everything works fine. The moment I insert my SIM card back the phone immediately reboots within 15 seconds or so.

Other folks are reporting this issue too on the Zenfone subreddit.

Not sure if it is AT&T specific as someone mentioned with a different SIM card (Tello) everything works fine for them. UPDATE This seems to be confirmed an issue only with AT&T SIM cards.

This is relatively urgent as I completely can't use my phone right now with my usual SIM card inserted (I'm sure as many others as well).

I was on update version 34.1004.0204.88 just before this and everything was working completely fine since day 1 for me so clearly this update caused the issue, this is not a hardware or unique user data issue.

Some additional things I noted - If I insert the SIM card but the phone is in airplane mode then it doesn't cause the issue. If I have no SIM card inserted and use WiFi it also doesn't cause the issue. But if I insert the SIM card in airplane mode AND connect to WiFi then it keeps on restarting again. If I disconnect WiFi and go in airplane mode (with the SIM card inserted) OR remove the SIM card (and connect to WiFi) then it starts to work again. Seems the issue is related when it is trying to connect to the AT&T network directly (via SIM) or connecting to any WiFi network when AT&T SIM card is inserted. Not sure if this issue is an with other carriers as well but this is what I noticed so far.

42 REPLIES 42

Gutter_Fool
Rising Star I

A user in the ROG 8 board managed to get theirs to operate normally by turning on airplane mode, then turning off after unlocking here: AT&T ROG 8 Bootloop Thread 

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. That was one of the first things I tried too. Soon as you turn off airplane mode with the SIM card inserted it starts bootlooping again.

Considering the urgency of this issue it's crazy how long it's taking them to provide the fix. Really surprised here.

I also tried it too with no luck, and replied back with my results.

The duration of time is concerning for me too. I've been posting in the replies of other product threads regarding the issue with links of each other. So everyone is aware together. The ROG 7 Boot Loop  thread goes back over a week ago 😓

It is unfortunate, I really like this phone and plan on using it I just wish Asus was more transparent about this issue. I'm prolly gonna just switch my main number to tello to use this phone.

gg6
Star I

I also have this. Updating my phone made it completely unusable.