This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

sforumt
Star II
Kazionator

@Mattias_ASUS yes, as I said before I am on WW-32.2030.2030.26 and I have this problem.

Also today I picked up a phone call, switched to the speaker and I could hear the other side on the speaker but he couldn't hear me.

View post
For me it is the opposite.
When I am on a call, when I switch from phone to speakerphone (or vice versa) I no longer hear the caller, but he hears me.
I have the latest firmware available: WW-32.2030.2030.26

undertista10
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

Hello!

It looked like the issue was resolved by the latest firmware but are you still having the same issue?

I will take a look at it and send a message to R&D.

View post
im on the latest firmware and its STILL NOT FIXED.... HOW LONG WILL A MAJOR BUG TAKES TO FIX? LITERALLY CANT USE THE SPEAKER OPTION ANYMORE IN ANY CALL BECAUSE THE VOICE CUTS OFF AND I HAVE TO HANG UP... SO EMBARASSING TO DO THIS WITH EVERYONE

lvdbor
Star I
I have the same issue. Switching to speaker will drop the sound, and turning speaker off will not bring the sound back.
My workaround for now is to plug in a wired headset, and turn the speaker off, I can then hear the caller again.

mumei6102
Rising Star I
I don't have switching speaker issue, but I had bad quality (voice sound with noise) in phone speaker on phone calls. After recent update it's much better, thanks!

davidkruger
Star I
I have problems with both sound quality and that I'm unable to hear them if I toggle to speaker and vice versa.

Please fix this problem asap. I should like an robot sometime.