This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

chersun
Star I

Edited: sry, posted 2 times the same thing, interface here isn't too friendly.

Walnut_
Star I

I have the exact same problem with the speaker in phone calls. I have sent my Zenfone 9 to Asus for repair but they could not replicate the problem and therefore did nothing. Second time i sent it was to my retailer where i bought the phone, they atleast acknowledge the problem and replaced the motherboard. Everything was good until a couple of weeks ago when the problem came back. I'm so tired of this basic feature not working and nobody is taking responsibility, especially Asus who is the manufacturer. 

Can also add that I have a crackling like sound when in call and not using the speaker witch is extremely irritating witch i also added to the two times my phone has been sent for repair and of course this issue has not been adressed.

I hope Asus will do something about these issues so many people have!

albaguico02
Star II

Seems like this problem has been going for over a year now. It's only a matter of time until Asus drops support for this device since it's one of the worst androids with software support, despite being a flagship. There are mid-ranged phones, even entry level, with longer promised updates than this hot piece of garbage I regret so much buying. Android 14 will be the last update, and when that happens our chances of this issue getting resolved will go down the drain.

alihakami
Star I

شركة أسوس غير مهتمة بالجوال ولا بالزبائن وكأنها تقول لهم اذهبوا للجحيم