This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
It looked like the issue was resolved by the latest firmware but are you still having the same issue?
I will take a look at it and send a message to R&D.

This has not been resolved with the latest firmware update, or the one before that. This needs to be fixed. NOW.

I am using WW.33.0804.2060.100, it's 02.03.2023 and the issue STILL persists. It actually started only about a couple of weeks ago for me.

Kazionator
Star III
@Mattias_ASUS yes, as I said before I am on WW-32.2030.2030.26 and I have this problem.
Also today I picked up a phone call, switched to the speaker and I could hear the other side on the speaker but he couldn't hear me.

Mawerick
Star III
I had this same thing happen to me couple of days ago. I was calling my parents, switched to speaker (which had been working fine up until then) and got no sound. Switching speaker off didn't help. Tried this couple of times in a row.

Booting the phone solved the issue for now, but this does need to be fixed. I'm running on WW_32.2030.2030.26