This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

marzvin
Rising Star II
HeLLKiTe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186950#Comment_186950

With all the cases you have on hand, were you able to get findings then from the different service centers? I'm sure some of the cases were already closed, can you then provide us what are the root causes for those cases?

View post
I think it's clear that the hardware is faulty, as stated by @Gustav_ASUS. On that basis, I clearly don't want anything to do with this phone, I just want a refund!

Lammy
Star III
@marzvin I'm from the UK, and had the Ramdump issue. I sent the phone for repair, and when I received it back, the proximity sensor wasn't working.
I asked for a refund, and sent the phone back. It's been nearly two weeks and I haven't got the phone, or a refund yet. I will have to contact them tomorrow, this is terrible service.

marzvin
Rising Star II
Lammy

@marzvin I'm from the UK, and had the Ramdump issue. I sent the phone for repair, and when I received it back, the proximity sensor wasn't working.

I asked for a refund, and sent the phone back. It's been nearly two weeks and I haven't got the phone, or a refund yet. I will have to contact them tomorrow, this is terrible service.

View post
Thanks where do we stand legally in the UK with regards to a refund as clearly the phone is faulty would you know?

raimundas78
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

To clarify - what I meant was that it can be caused by hardware issues of any kind. We can't know the underlying cause for each individual case. This is the same information that I've been giving you before in this thread.

If you happen to be affected by this issue, please contact a local ASUS service center for support.

View post
So from the cases you have had, there is no consistency in root cause and these are caused by various problems? Or you just don't know anything yet? It would be really helpful if root cause could be pinned down, I have to travel sometimes for a week or more and it now this gives me one more thing to be anxious about.

marzvin
Rising Star II
raimundas78

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/186950#Comment_186950

So from the cases you have had, there is no consistency in root cause and these are caused by various problems? Or you just don't know anything yet? It would be really helpful if root cause could be pinned down, I have to travel sometimes for a week or more and it now this gives me one more thing to be anxious about.

View post
If you're travelling buddy, grab yourself another phone. Mine died when I was on my way to deliver a lecture, and was 2hrs late.