This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone8 stuck on waiting for flashing full ramdump

mail_jackr
Star I
As requested by the mod - opening new discussion for the issue.
The Flashing Full Ramdump happened to me too - the phone was being charged over the night and the error was waiting when I woke up.
I hope that at least your service will fix it quickly.
776 REPLIES 776

almiz
Star II
sebi673

Sending it for service... Tried pretty much everything i could think of - more details on the xda thread.

What's the best way of asking for a refund?

TL;DR:

• key combos - no go, phone always boots to EDL (Qualcomm qpst could write the fw but i didn't attempt for the waranty)
  • Letting the battery drain made it worse - phone 'turns on' (it's seen by the pc and heats up a tiny bit) but i no longer get the log - screen no longer turns on/phone no longer attempts whatever it was trying to do.
  • On battery drain red led flashes for a while while it gets the charge so something is still working

View post
All have exactly the same symptoms, this indicates that the cause of the breakdown is the same for everyone.

We still need information from ASUS about what exactly breaks down on the motherboard.

Many have bought a smartphone in another country and cannot take advantage of the local warranty.

sparky_ach
Star I
My 4 month old Zenfone 8 just did exactly as mentioned here. I cannot take it to a service center because it is an international version and I am in US, or so I am told. This seems crazy.

jp123
Star I
After the call ended, I left it on the table.
It malfunctioned in the same way.
It has not been charged.

It has been 40 days since I started using it.
256G model ZS590KS
MFD: 2021.07
I have to send it for repair.
I would like a refund, not a repair.
From Japan

daniel91m
Rising Star II

marzvin
Rising Star II
We're now upto at least 50 cases, on this thread alone, and still no official statement from Asus. Shocking to say the least!