This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

Hi Arthur,

Is this correct because the file size doesn't seem right? I downloaded ZS672KS Kernel Source Code WW-31.1010.0411.136

from 
Zenfone 8 Flip|Phones|ASUS Global
https://www.asus.com/mobile/phones/zenfone/zenfone-8-flip/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=Zenfone-8-Fl...

Please see my Software Information screenshot.

Fun fact in the latest Android 13 build. It's labeled Vodka.

Toltek_1-1681215390252.png

I am officially told my phone is broken. But it's just the Android 13 that is broken. 

Aureliannn_ASUS
yesterday

Hi, thanks for providing the details.

After seeing the video and the description you provide, it is suggest that you visit official service center for further repair and inspection.

Official Support | ASUS USA

Sorry for the inconvenience that may caused.

n_2
Star II

Over two months after ASUS broke the hotspot function, they still have not fixed it. They have provided no timeline for fixing it. They have not acknowledged it as a known problem despite the pages of reports here and around the internet. They still want $85 just to look at a phone that anyone ships to them with this problem that they caused. They've failed to even mildly improve on the one terrible workaround available: delete all the data on your phone, go back to Android 12 without the latest security patches, and never let your device restart so that you aren't auto-updated to Android 13 and forced to lose your data again.

What they have done is sent junk mail with WebStorage offers to those who created an account in order to seek help.

Previously, I was greatly impressed with the Zenfone 8 and recommended it and the 9 to anyone who would listen in hopes that ASUS would stick around to make a Zenfone 10. Since ASUS pushed a bad update and broke their users' phones, I am warning people away from the brand entirely. This practice of giving perfectly functional devices serious problems after little more than a year is like a nightmare out of the 1990s.

Unless anyone reading happens to be game for a class-action lawsuit over planned obsolescence, your best bet is this: Buy a new phone from a company other than ASUS.

Im totally agree i will never buy again an asus phone or any asus brand in my entire life.