This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked after OS update

VKWONG1968
Star I

Just today (20 Nov 2023, around 4pm local time at GMT +8, Malaysia), my Zenfone 8 indicated that a new Android version is available for download. I downloaded it and when prompted for a reboot, I proceed to do so. The Zenfone 8 has been bricked since then.

It won't accept charging, will not reboot regardless whatever combination of button presses. How to force a restart short of bringing the phone to the local authorised service center?

I love the Zenfone series, have been a Zenfone user since the Zenfone 2. However, I may change my mind.....

15 REPLIES 15

BS1
Star I

Hello all,

The same for me in the Netherlands. Updated the phone, it said something it was a security update, had to reboot  and ..... bricked! The phone does not react on charging, nothing when I keep the power button pressed. What a shame!

@BS1 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

edwardchirita
Star II

Well, I shall consider myself lucky. I also saw the update and installed it as soon as it was available but thankfully my phone wasn't bricked. The lesson learned it to always check the forums before installing an update. However, it is Asus's fault as well for pushing a faulty update. I hope these situations will be resolved.

Ptaku
Star II

Does someone know how to stop this annoying popup about this update?