This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting worried

cholwill
Star I

Hi , I think the ASUS zenfone 8 is great.  However, Im getting slightly worried that alot of things are going to go wrong with it after reading all the posts on here.  Already, the ability to copy files off my phone onto my pc has gone (even though im using the cable as before and have tried others) - and so I wonder what is coming next .  DO i need to dump it now and get another (more reliable ) phone that will be supported, wont break or crash just outside the warranty period or should i stick with it. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Iceman11
Star III

I just tried and there is no problem to copy files from the phone to PC (I tried with Windows).
When you connect the cable you are prompted on the Asus phone to confirm if you want to transfer files (chose Yes). Then it works like copying files from a usb drive.

keren_ASUS

Hello @cholwill 

Please be reassured that the service center will always be available to help you with any questions or concerns.

And regarding the file transfer, please refer to the following FAQ for some troubleshooting steps:

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041424/#:~:text=What%20to%20do%20if%20the,USB%20ports%20on%20the%2...

Thank you! 

Hen2426
Star III

I would dump it. The wifi/connectivity issues that came with Android 13 are widespread, yet there's not fix. The replies here don't help at all, the FAQs don't solve the problems brought about by faulty firmware update. I would avoid this brand like the plauge.