This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenfone 8: don't buy it! Horrible battery performance, horrible Asus service.

leoncarrera
Rising Star I

Bought this phone end of July. Straight from the box extreme poor battery performance. Drained from only looking at it, not even using it, running hot. Spend way to much time to all the battery saving settings, charging limits, updates, roll backs, factory resets, safe mode sessions etcetera. It's just not right when battery life of your 'flagship' phone becomes like an obcession to get it through a day. Battery performance doesn't even come close to my ancient OnePlus2 from 2015, which I now use again, since the Asus just can't be used for half a day without charging.  Overnight is ultra durable mode it still drains 30%-50%. 

Send it for repair to Asus, but like with many others here on Zentalk, I received the phone unrepaired. They performed their Asus test and the result were fine according to their benchmark. 'Problem can't be duplicated'. Could send it in again according to Asus, but to their won warning with a good change the phone would come back again untouched, unrepaired. What kind of service is that?

This whole Asus experience is one big dissapointment. They obviously know about many of their Zenfones perform badly battery wise. And still the dare to say that half a day to a day it good enough and the phone is in good conditions. No it is not. It's a faulty product with a dissapoining service. When you back your products you make sure they perform like the specs you sold them with. When you can't figure out the problem, you send a new phone. Service isn't that hard, keeping customers happy neither. But at Asus this is just not the case. Never an Asus product in my life again.

17 REPLIES 17

@leoncarrera 
I will once again relay your feedback to the local service team.
If there are any updates, I will promptly respond to you.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Thanks for replying Falcon and keeping me posted. The phone is again on its way to repair in Poland. Please make sure they pay more attention to it this time. That is all I ask. In the meantime I bought a new phone, because this all takes too long to use an old temporary backup phone. So from my side there's no rush anymore, so use this time to get the Asus fixed. I don't have to get the Asus back before it is its new and useable state, which I unfortunately never experienced. It would be a waist of energy both for all involved if it has to go for a third RMA. 

Thanks again Falcon.

From the url to the repair status I can see the phone is at the repair and the problem could not be replicated. So again, and as expected, according to repair the phone is fine. 

Since it is not and as it has been faulty new out of the box, during the first repair, when it got back from repair and when it was sended a second time to repair, I'm not accepting to get this phone back again a second time unrepaired in the draining and heating up condition. As I mentioned earlier, Asus can take a much time as they want or need to replicate the issue. There has been too much communication about this without any result. It is simply unacceptable for a new flagship phone. 

I do not want to see this phone back again in a working condition as supposed and from what I read like here on ZenTalk and other resources that people can use their ZF8 for a whole day to even longer.  So should mine.

What can you do to keep the phone from being sended back to me and I have to apply for a third RMA and we get stuck in this sending back and forth with without result? 

@leoncarrera 
I have sent you a message, please check.
Thank you.

Redbone86
Star III

Can asus PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT battery drain "others" that is not normal its ovet 30% of My full BATTERY. Last Time with 100% i got 5h internet use with 4g everything low. And that is not good. Battery shows on IT that GOOD HEALTH but that others eat My battery over 30% and i dont play with My phone. I have only installed bank apps and those are not on use every Day. So what that OTHER IS? Can asus PLEASE FIX that issue on updates