This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange mobile network problem during calls ZenFone 5z

piivikki
Star III
Since a couple of months I have a strange issue with mobile network connectivity during calls.
Very poor or no mobile network at all during calls. Contacted the carrier who talks about VoLte that needs to be activated. Can't be that because there was no problems a couple months ago. I finally received a sim card with only mobile network on which I inserted in SIM slot 2. In settings for mobile network I chose that SIM 2 should be used. Calls, sms only on SIM 1.
Mobile network still disappears during calls. I don't get it. What is wrong? Hardware problem? Or software? Even tried the setting with dual SIM cards and the VoLte option for SIM 2. No difference.
Help!?!?
8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS
piivikki

Since a couple of months I have a strange issue with mobile network connectivity during calls.

Very poor or no mobile network at all during calls. Contacted the carrier who talks about VoLte that needs to be activated. Can't be that because there was no problems a couple months ago. I finally received a sim card with only mobile network on which I inserted in SIM slot 2. In settings for mobile network I chose that SIM 2 should be used. Calls, sms only on SIM 1.

Mobile network still disappears during calls. I don't get it. What is wrong? Hardware problem? Or software? Even tried the setting with dual SIM cards and the VoLte option for SIM 2. No difference.

Help!?!?

Strange mobile network problem during calls ZenFone 5z
@piivikki
Could you please tell me what is your firmware version?
Your current firmware version: Settings>System>About Phone>Software information
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
Please also try to remove the SIM card and re-insert it, or install another carrier’s SIM card to confirm that the signal can be captured normally.
Thank you.

piivikki
Star III
screenshot-20210826-134524829.jpg
Is this the latest? My phone says everything is up to date.

piivikki
Star III
Nobody has a clue? 😥

rangapur_jagan
Star III
It is hardware related issue. I just tap few seconds back side of mobile, or apply some pressure, whenever network goes off, network comes again. I do the same trick for slow charging issue too.