This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Hi-Res Lossless audio output from Apple Music via Fiio Q3 DAC and wired headphones.

remisonl
Star I
Greetings to all. Faced the problem of Hi-Res Lossless audio output from Apple Music via Fiio Q3 DAC from my Asus Zenfone 5Z smartphone.

In the Apple Music app, all items are set to Hi-Res Lossless output mode. Hi-Res Lossless tracks are playing. But the output frequency of descriting is less than 48kHz as a result - I know that, tk. when the output path is more than 48kHz, on my Fiio Q3 DAC, instead of the blue LED, orange lights up.

I only noticed problems in Apple Music. For example, through the Neutron players (having set it up properly) and Fiio Music (without any settings at all), I can easily output sound over 48kHz. Yes, I even have tracks in DSD through the aforementioned players easily reproduced (on Fiio Q3, the green LED lights up).

It seems to me that the problem lies in the built-in Audio Wizard handler from Asus. I removed it using USB debugging mode, it even disappeared from the list of items in the notification shade, but I think it still processes sound.

There is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Plus Lte tablet. It has absolutely the same settings as on my Asus Zenfone 5Z smartphone. Hi-Res Lossless (> 48kHz) on Apple Music works great.

I really hope for your help 🙂 I've already broken my whole head.
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
remisonl

20210826-231541.jpg

img-20210826-231746-869.jpg

img-20210826-231743-239.jpg

Greetings to all. Faced the problem of Hi-Res Lossless audio output from Apple Music via Fiio Q3 DAC from my Asus Zenfone 5Z smartphone.

In the Apple Music app, all items are set to Hi-Res Lossless output mode. Hi-Res Lossless tracks are playing. But the output frequency of descriting is less than 48kHz as a result - I know that, tk. when the output path is more than 48kHz, on my Fiio Q3 DAC, instead of the blue LED, orange lights up.

I only noticed problems in Apple Music. For example, through the Neutron players (having set it up properly) and Fiio Music (without any settings at all), I can easily output sound over 48kHz. Yes, I even have tracks in DSD through the aforementioned players easily reproduced (on Fiio Q3, the green LED lights up).

It seems to me that the problem lies in the built-in Audio Wizard handler from Asus. I removed it using USB debugging mode, it even disappeared from the list of items in the notification shade, but I think it still processes sound.

There is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Plus Lte tablet. It has absolutely the same settings as on my Asus Zenfone 5Z smartphone. Hi-Res Lossless (> 48kHz) on Apple Music works great.

I really hope for your help 🙂 I've already broken my whole head.

Problems with Hi-Res Lossless audio output from Apple Music via Fiio Q3 DAC and wired headphones.
@remisonl
According to your description, I would think this is caused by the compatibility of the device.
Could you please tell me your FW version of your mobile?
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?
Thank you.